One of the most exciting activities that Hariyali undertakes periodically, every 6-8 weeks, is Treks
and Nature Trails in and around Thane and Navi Mumbai. The treks not only result in a direct
bonding of the participants with nature but also a bonding between themselves as they walk
through the forest, up on the mountains, along the river beds and discover less travelled paths. This
discovery of the simple beauty of nature refreshes the trekkers from their mundane routine.
Bonding with family and friends refreshes the heart and the serenity of nature refreshes the soul.
The greenery soothes the eyes and the variety of flora and fauna reminds of the divine. The bounty
of colours of nature fills charm in the colourless and busy lives of the participants.
Time table and details of treks/tours are published to those who are actively associated with
Hariyali. Detailed introduction regarding preparatory work, time duration, ease or difficulty of the
trek are communicated well in advance to the prospective participants.
For some of the treks, a local expert/ guide is hired to provide in-depth information about various
species of the trees.
Some of the regular treks are
- Tikuji-ni-Wadi to Patona Pada, Yeoor Forest
- Kasarvadavali to Patona Pada, Yeoor Forest
- Ovala to Chenna Creek
- Munda Dongar near Gaimukh Check Post
- Nagla Bunder Forest
- Mama-Bhanja Hills
Besides the nature treks Hariyali had regularly conducted ECO TOURS for its members and
their families. An eco tour does not require the rigors of a trek and the object is to meet at
an eco-friendly location together with family and friends, amidst nature, but with little
physical activity thereby making it popular amongst all age groups, especially with those
who cannot walk much. Have a look at the past tour destinations and decide to be a part of
the next one
- FY 2006-07 Kashedi Eco Tour
- FY 2008-09 Phansad Eco Tour
- FY 2009-10 Dahivali Eco Tour
- FY 2011-12 Bhavale and Pise Dam Eco tour
- FY 2012-13 Wangani Eco Tour
- FY 2014-15 Manas Organic Farm Eco Tour
- FY 2015-16 Nisargamitra Farm tour
- FY 2016-17 Saguna Baug Eco tour
- FY 2017-18 Keshavsrushti Bhayandar
- FY 2018-19 Visawa Resort & Hospitality, Saralgaon Eco Tour
- FY 2019-20 Pathare Wadi Agro Tourism, Vashind
- FY 2020-21 Yusuf Meherally Centre & Go Green Nursery, Karnala Tour
DO YOU KNOW?
- That some of the first treks of Hariyali were in fact trail discovery at the Yeoor forest;
- That from the top of Dindeshwar Mahadev, trek point one can see the entire Ulhas river, kalyan,
Ulhasnagar and beyond and is just 15 kms from Thane.
- That Hariyali had undertaken a 3 days River Parikrama of Bhatsa starting at Gantandevi temple of
Kasara Ghat which classifies in category of strenuous trek.
- The average participants at the Eco Tours are around 50.
- That one very interesting trek of Hariyali was the trek in Yeoor hills during bamboo flowering
season which is a rare sight of nature.
- That members of age ranging from 10 to 70 years participate in the treks depending on the level
If you want to get a kick of the exciting treks, peek at some pictures of the past treks...
- Treks serve multiple purposes
- Participants get to know flora and fauna and appreciate different moods of the forest during
- It serves as a regular source of Seeds collection for in-house development of saplings
- The participants get to know in more details about the activities and projects undertaken by
Hariyali and participate in the future.